Skip to main content

Mauldons – Bah Humbug

WP_20161231_20_18_22_ProWhat they say: “A tawny red strong seasonal bitter with a malt and fruit aroma brewed with hops and East Anglian malted barley. It has a full bodied soft finish.

Some of these ‘Christmas’ ales can be a bit sweet and fruity, but they got it right with this one – according to my taste buds anyway. Full bodied at 4.9% A.B.VWP_20161231_20_18_34_Pro

I did have a third from Mauldons to try – Silver Adder – however it poured cloudy and didn’t taste quite right. Sadly it turned out to be over three months out of date, so I tipped it away. Clearly the Co-Op in Woodbridge need to take a little more care with their stock control. Still, I hope I come across Mauldons again on our travels because there’s many more in the range to try.

December 2016