Skip to main content

Greene King – Black IPA

WP_20151121_12_54_53_Pro What they say: “A robust IPA packed with hops for citrus and tropical fruits and spicy notes, full bodied and malty with a satisfying bitter linger”

The most regular of our locals – The Rottingdean Club – has three hand pumps and now with the withdrawal of the lovely but potent Abbot Ale, there are now two guest alongside the always excellent Harveys Sussex Best. So even more opportunities for research. Excellent.

I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected too – the citrus and tropical notes mentioned above were not overly prominent and it was certainly full bodied – almost a meal in a glass. Did I have another? No, but as I said, there are now two guests needing my attention! Look forward to coming across this again – maybe at the weekend if they still have it!

The Rottingdean Club, East Sussex. November 2015